Milano handbrake frozen

                                          7:55 AM             8/30/99

In attempting to lower the transaxle to install a Shankle rear sway bar =
on my Milano, I ran into a snag...the barking brake cable. The brake =
itself works perfectly but the adjusting nuts (more precisely, the outer, =
locking nut) is completely frozen - so I am dead in the water until I can =
free it.

Any body had this problem before? Any tricks  or pearls of wisdom? I have =
tried been using penetrant and will try the flame wrench tonight. The =
real problem is there is nothing to hold the shaft from turning when I =
try to turn the frozen nut.  There appears to be a flat section on the =
shaft for an ignition wrench, but when I put the correct metric ignition =
wrench on, it just rounded - this sucker is on tight.

Joe Cabibbo
'89 Milano
FORZA Modern Media <www.forza-mm.com>