Re: alfa-digest V7 #1001

In a message dated 08/27/1999 6:21:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Looks like my "pristine, beautiful" Alfa 164 that I bought a few
  weeks ago may need an engine rebuild.  The oil pressure is about 10 when it
  is at idle warmed up.  >>

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!  I bet you have higher
pressure when at idle cold, right?  Find out what your pressure REALLY is
before worrying about a major overhaul.  And, if you have normal (about 57
psi for most Alfas I know of) with some RPMs, don't worry about what the
stupid lying little gage says at idle.  You already have 10 psi more than a
lot of us have.  If you consistently have low oil pressure at speed, suspect
first the sender, then the gage.  A long time later think about something
actually being wrong.  Also, if the car isn't running hot, that's a good sign
the trouble is in the reading and not the oil pump, etc.  Ask just about
anyone.  Relax and enjoy.

Charlie
AROSC
LA, CA, USA