Re: alfa-digest V7 #1001

In a message dated 08/27/1999 6:21:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< essentially it's 40K for a 166, 50K
 > convert it for emissions, and shipping.  Need 100K to ante in this game.
 > Just thought youse wanted to know.  >>

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Listen up, youse guys, I am from da Big Apple myself and
there is no greater local sport than taking a mark to the cleaners.  What
guarantee would you have after forking over 100 large you would see any kind
of car, ever?  Huh?  Or that the "conversions" would be more than the old
banana in the transmission grift?  Did you ever get stiffed buying a nickel
bag from a guy in the park?  Most importantly, the goomahs' downtown
dopplegangers in Brooks Brother Suits, whaddya youse tink -- they're gonna
insure such a vehicle?  And what about the people up the river past Sing
Sing, in Albany?  Dey gonna register da ting?  Gimme a break!  This sounds
like a con from da woid one!  Before parting with your money, talk to a
couple of satisfied customers who have been through the process, and make
sure they're not shills for the grift!  And make sure they're not from The
Bronx!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA wholesome land of clean living and health foods