new aroc president?

just got the latest alfa owner magazine and noticed that digester ed mackey
is our new president.

congrats ed!

on a somewhat related note, in light of recent importation threads on the
digest does anybody feel that aroc should take a more proactive role in
trying to bring alfa back to the us?  i had discussions with a previous high
level aroc board member, and he indicated to me that aroc had an agreement
with alfa in that it wouldn't meddle in alfas business here in the states.
my personal feeling is that may have been fine and dandy while alfa was
here, but now that they are no longer here all bets are off.

aroc should do everything in their power to try to bring alfa back to the
states in some form or another, imho.  there was a director candidate that
mentioned bringing alfa back in his bio a couple of years ago (he was from
portland and got elected, if i remember correctly), but as far as i know
there's been no real effort on the part of aroc to bring alfa back.

what better way for the club to serve it's membership?

bs