Fuel filler flap, 164

Hi All,
I cant believe how stupid I am, after filling the car with fuel as I
turned to replace the nozzle I just caught the fuel filer flap. It
immedeately exploded into three pieces!! For all thouse who dont know
the filler flap on a 164 is made of a bakeolite type material and not
metal as I had assumed before this incident. The Question is how do I
replcae it, do I have to take out the inner wheel arch or do I get at it
from inside the boot? As mentioned in a previous mail I was considering
selling the car and was preparing it accordingly so this is a bit of a
pisser to say the least!
Mike Salter

Dr M.G.Salter
School of Biological Sciences