RE: "compitition stereo" and alfisti vs. audiophiles

**********************
<<Don Happel       zelatore@domain.elided
<<"I'll take the analog, please, with a side of vaucume tubes"
*********************
What Don wrote got me thinking again on something that has been lurking in
my head since the famous question by AlfaBill: "Why an Alfa?".  It seems to
me that a lot of alfisti are *also* audiophiles and may fit yet another
category of personnas.  Not going for main stream audio gear as *sold* by
main stream stereo magazines, but for quality, usually less known audio gear
that better approximates the real thing.  One day, in this state of affairs,
driving an Alfa may be what driving anything else will be compared with.
Like the *ABSOLUTE DRIVE*.  Do I make any sense?.  Any TAS readers out
there?
Jorge
89 MIlano
Linn Sondek, Conrad Johnson, M&A, etc, etc.