101 SZ-style wheels - remanufacturing.

Hi Everyone,

Hoping this just about falls into the category of useful info rather than
blatant advertising....

In view of the current unobtainable situation of TechnoMagnesio Aluminium
(yes, they're not made of magnesium any more) wheels, and the currently sli=
chances of their remanufacture, a group of Alfisti here in the UK have got
together to remake these wheels. These are the type as fitted to 101 SZs in
the early 60s, and have oval-ish cutouts. They have a 15" rim size, with
46mm offset. For those who are interested, the following details apply:

1. For copyright reasons there will be minute differences between these
wheels and the originals. We are yet to finalise what these will be, but
will most probably be in rim bead profile. The wheels will not look
noticeably different.

2. The wheels will be available in both Aluminium and Magnesium (with moder=
metallurgy the magnesium should be stronger and longer-lasting than 60s
wheels).

3. The wheels will be sandcast (as per original), and we anticipate no more
than 2 rim widths being made - probably 5 and 5.5".

4. The wheels are due to start being produced next week. Note that, due to
the many processes involved, final batch delivery will be in about three
months time.

If you may be interested, you can email: mageditor@domain.elided or contact
me on +44 171 837 8006 (remember the time difference!).

Should you be interested, we are looking for a deposit minimum of =A3250, to
guarantee your commitment to your order. (The wheels will be produced by UK
Racing Castings in Kent). At a later date we may consider casting GTA-style
wheels.

Regards,
- --
James Wiseman
'64 Giulia SS racer
'60 Giulietta Spider Veloce (soon to be Rally Car!)
'96 145 Cloverleaf