Spider Color Trivia

I have tried the usual sources but have come up empty. My curiosity has
finally gotten the best of me. The '86 Spider Veloce that I recently
bought is painted Champagne (gold) Metallic. A look inside the trunk on
the color plate (and the paint on the underside of the trunk, hood and
other deeper recesses of the body) indicates that this is a valid
original factory color. However, none of the color brochures or sales
literature for 1986 indicates that this color was available. I have seen
a sales brochure (CarDisc) that seems to show a 1982 "Limited Edition" in
this color but the specs are more along the lines of a Graduate and my
car is definitely Veloce trim. Does anyone know any details about the
1986 models and why Alfa offered this nonstandard, standard color?

Sid Trest
'86 Spider Veloce - Pandora