"Special Edition" Alfas

In AD7-991 the Williams family, Jane & Allen, (Oddioengin@domain.elided) mount a
passionate defense of the "Special Edition" Alfas (Balocco, Maratona,
Velocissima, Mille Miglia, Mario Andretti, Nikki Lauda, Grand Prix (C.H.),
Grand Prix (Oz)and others without, in unbecoming modesty, mentioning their
role in establishing a Registry of Special Edition Alfas with the implicit
support of Terry and Sharon Akins (Milanogold@domain.elided), Loyd Heimbruch
(Loyd.Heimbruch@domain.elided), Bret Powelson (Alfist@domain.elided} and undoubtedly
others. While none of the "Special Editions" are to my taste I was pleased to
offer what documentary help I could to Terry Akins, and I would agree that
these cars are a noteworthy part of the social history of Alfa Romeo outside
of Italy which should be documented and preserved by those people who do like
them, and to that end the registry should be encouraged. The possibilities of
preserving patterns for vinyl stripes, molds for otherwise irreplaceable
flares and wings, records of original color options etcetera are obvious, and
any lurking SE lovers should please get with the program-

Sincerely,

John H.