Re: Okay, show of hands...

> So... who here bought an Alfa Romeo Spider because you really wanted a
> Miata but couldn't afford it?

I guess I should pipe in here....

I bought my '93 Spider *new* (yes, they did sell some of them directly in the
primary market) as a "replacement" for my dying '80 Fiat Spider.  The
"competitors" were Mustang and Miata - both of which were cheaper, faster, more
modern, etc., etc., than the Spider.

These alternatives are also far, far more ubiquitous, which pretty much made
them non-starters as far as I was concerned.
- --
jw