RE: Shaving the gutters?

> The rest probably could be shaved and welded with no great problems- it is
> done often enough in hot-rod/custom-car bodywork-  but it would be
tempting
> fate. A relatively competent bodyman got just a tad overconfident in
filling
> the tea-tray on my GTV-6 hood and it warped beyond salvage- painful with a
> hood which can be discarded and replaced, more painful if it happened with
> the hull itself. I would take the plunge with much caution if I felt like
it,
> but clipping the rear, using the Alfetta gutter trim and painting it
> body-color instead of black would be a less expensive and less
> risky option.

i'd be curious to know what the drag coefficient is for the alfetta vs the
gtv6.  i'd imagine that the gutter, in addition to keeping rain from
dripping over the roof line and down the sides, might also serve to keep air
channeled front to rear while the car is in motion.

any 'rain' gutter that was added behind the doors, it would seem to me,
would have less to do with keeping rain from dripping on the passengers than
it would to do with aerodynamics.  the 17" that john mentions might not be
for rain at all.

anybody know for sure?

bs