Re: sticky throttle - help!

In a message dated 8/23/99 10:52:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
gt_veloce@domain.elided writes:

<< The problem is that the throttle sticks partially open from time to time.
 This only happens with the motor turning between 1500 and 2500rpm and only
 in conjunction with letting out the clutch from a dead stop.  It sticks for
 a couple of seconds and then unsticks rapidly.  It never sticks with the
 engine/motor/powerplant turned off, and never with motor running and the
 tranny in neutral and/or the clutch pushed in.  I've gone over the entire
 throttle linkage from pedal to carbs and can't seem to find anything that is
 sticking or hanging up.  I am confused and frustrated.  Any suggestions? >>

The conditions you describe seem to be high torque in nature. Have you
checked your motor and trans mounts? If you didn't check under the described
circumstances this could be the cause of your efforts proving fruitless.

John Katos