sticky throttle - help!

I'm having a strange problem with my carbed 74 GTV and am hoping that fellow
digesters can shed some light on the situation for me.

The problem is that the throttle sticks partially open from time to time.
This only happens with the motor turning between 1500 and 2500rpm and only
in conjunction with letting out the clutch from a dead stop.  It sticks for
a couple of seconds and then unsticks rapidly.  It never sticks with the
engine/motor/powerplant turned off, and never with motor running and the
tranny in neutral and/or the clutch pushed in.  I've gone over the entire
throttle linkage from pedal to carbs and can't seem to find anything that is
sticking or hanging up.  I am confused and frustrated.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Greg Stewart
1974 GTV
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada