re: single seaters

>Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:30:43 +0200
>From: "T. Fransen" <fransen@domain.elided>
>Subject: single seaters

>Hi everybody,
>
>I'am currently racing a Giulia (the Alfa content of this message) but
>beside that I'am interested in pre 1971 single seaters. Especially formula
>junior, formula atlantic, formula three up to 1971 (the screamers) and
>formula Ford (sorry for the word).
>
>Also I'am looking for information, pictures etc. about the English make
>Alexis.
>
>Is there something like a historic racing digest ? Has anybody information
>about these classes and cars and where do I find information (in paper and
>on the net).
>
>All expenses will be made good,
>
>Thanks

>T. Fransen

Hi Tomas

Don't apologise for mentioning that other car company (Found On Rubbish
Dump)! Just this month I bought my first non-Alfa ever .. cringe! cringe!
Its a Formula Ford so now it'll be a whole new ball game after years of
involvement with Alfas. Over here the National Championship is for FF1600,
not the Zetec powered cars, but its the top formula; Scott Dixon - on pole
for the next Indy Lights race - was a previous Champion. Incidentally the
car we've got is the one that lost out to Dixon by 1 point that year.

John Hertzmann very kindly sent me som back issues of Racecar Engineering
which has an excellent series on FF, so if you decide to go this way, I can
send you the appropriate references, or photocopies if you cannot get the
originals.

All the best

Les