Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 20:04:14 PDT

I have a 1991 alfa romeo 164l with around 30,000 miles on a new engine.
(137k total) I have been told that the new engine will need to be "tuned" or
have a "valve job" every so often and need to know when these intervals are.
  In addition, the engine is making a ticking noise slightly faster than
once per second at an idle, and have been told by the previous owner that a
"valve job" would correct the tick.  And finally, approximatley how much
should such job cost?

THANKS
Dan

End of alfa-digest V7 #984