K&N Question

I was ready to order a drop in K&N filter for my GTV6, but began to wonder whether
modifying/converting to a cone set up might be better.

I put a drop in K&N in my 91 Spider and, although it's a superior filter, noticed little
difference in performance -- maybe it breaths just a bit better -- I would expect that the intake
design, not the filter, is the most limiting factor.

Any experiences with the cone filters?  What seat of the pants performance differences are
noticeable?  Is there a signigicant increase in induction noise?  Is there a way to make more
"cool" air in addition to increasing volume?

Thanks,

Jim

69 GTV (K&N's are great on the Webers!)
86 GTV6