proper hand gesture?

In a message dated 8/20/99 11:03:00 PM, owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<I will never willingly own a car that, if I saw its twin in traffic,
would NOT make me slow down, cross several lanes, and give a gleeful
thumbs-up to the other driver.  Or at least want to.>>

Alfisti,
I have owned an Alfa since 1983 and have never known the proper (official)
hand signal to give when encountering another Alfa on the road.  Scott seems
to suggest the thumbs up, is this accurate?  I generally just wave, but there
is the "V" and lately,  on TV news shows, those guys in Serbia seems to have
a neat "3 finger salute"... so, is there an OFFICIAL hand gesture that we can
standardize on, so that when we execute a 3 lane crossover, or observe one,
we can at least respond with the proper acknowledgement ?
Thanks Alfisti,
Joel Lewis
Houston
'89 Milano
'74 GTV
'91 soider, sold to someone else after the handshake !