RE: proper hand gesture?

Scott wrote:
<<I will never willingly own a car that, if I saw its twin in traffic,
would NOT make me slow down, cross several lanes, and give a gleeful
thumbs-up to the other driver.  Or at least want to.>>

Then Joel wrote:
<<Alfisti,
I have owned an Alfa since 1983 and have never known the proper (official)
hand signal to give when encountering another Alfa on the road.  Scott seems
to suggest the thumbs up, is this accurate?  I generally just wave, but
there
is the "V" and lately,  on TV news shows, those guys in Serbia seems to have
a neat "3 finger salute"... so, is there an OFFICIAL hand gesture that we
can
standardize on, so that when we execute a 3 lane crossover, or observe one,
we can at least respond with the proper acknowledgement ?>>>>
Funny you guys mention this.  And Scott's piece was a real joy to read.
If both are driving an Alfa, I think its a no-brainer.  Any waving,
thumbs-up or polite finger positioning should do.  But, don't you hate it
when you are driving your *other* car, or a rental, and there goes a
beautiful Giulia and, how in the world do you identify yourself as an
Alfista on the road?
Big sign saying "My other car is an Alfa"? or "AD member"
Or the classical italian sign for "cornuto", but that wouldn't be polite.
Jorge
89 Milano/75