re: Duetto battery?

Mike,

> i own a 67 duetto and have recently noticed that the

> battery in the car is coming into contact with the
> hood.
>
> it is the correct battery sears brand die hard, as
> specified from their catalog for that car, but i
need
> a battery about an inch lower in height.

I've seen someything similar to this when I put a new
battery in my Maserati bitrouble.

The deal is that the battery had a plastic spacer
fitted to the bottom. It came off very easily and that
cured the problem.

My suggestion is to pull the battery and see if you
have something similar.

Good luck.

g.                      79 Alfetta Sedan
Gary Stark              69 1750 GTV (resting)
gstark@domain.elided  99 Holden Barina (POS)
http://redbacksWeb.com
Back down under in Sydney, Oz.