re: Rear seatbelts in a 74 GTV?

It's a well-kept secret, but a 74 GTV already has factory hard mounting
points for 3-point rear belts.  For a child seat, you only need a lap belt.
 The inboard mounting points are on the drive shaft tunnel but are only
visible from under the car; you'd need to open them up from underneath.
The outboard mounts are on the lower edge of the wheel humps, under the
back seat and hidden by the black vinyl upholstery. Feel around until you
find them or peel up the lower edge of the upholstery.  The factory mounts
on the GTV and every other 1970s European car I've seen are threaded for a
standard US-size bolt. I don't remember the size, but if you buy a belt
from JC Whitney or wherever, the hardware that comes with it should fit.

Dana Loomis