164 Suspension

Alright, after months of using my interogatory skillls against
recalcitrant vendors, here is what I have learned about 164 strut
replacement options

1) Bilstien:  First, because they are my favorite from past autos.
IAP has em, price is insane.  Bilstein purchasing rep in California
says that there is  a fitment problem (unspecified), vendors say they
work O.K.   Cal Rep also says that Bilstein has essentially none left
and has no plans to retool for another manufacturing run.

2) Koni- Only available special order in yellow "sport" version,
manually adjustable from firm to 'ow', fronts require surgery.

3) BG Suspension (Netherlands)- an unknown in terms of reputation &
real performance, and importers seem to be looking at the high end for
price

4) Sachs/Boge- Currently only available as OEM replacement
equivalents, not a performance upgrade.

4) Monroe- makes 'em special order, but....

5) Gabriel- makes 'em special order but, man.......

Anyone with input/feedback/different views?