dyno testing comments

One thing that keeps coming into my head is that its amazing that the engine
wasn't detonating like crazy at the "stock" setting if you backed off 10 deg
and got more power.

With something like 110 octane fuel, we do test for best power spark, and
power will drop off as you keep advancing.  But with real fuel, its pretty
tough to reach this ideal point, much less go past it, without destroying
the engine from knock...

Very interesting that this is happening.  I'll tell you what, can I be first
in line at the dyno day in Tennessee??  You've got to make sure that there
is some type of a/f measurement available for not catalyst cars...

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI