Re: 164LS radio Skreech

Colin

I am guessing you have the stock radio/CD changer which is actually made by
Eclipse, not Fujitsu.  Anyhow, the amp is really easy to damage because it
is installed under the passenger's seat and when you have passengers in the
back seat, their feet can knock the amp.  Not much thought put into the
subject by Alfa, because the power and the signal chords also point towards
the rear passenger's feet and when they get kicked they damage the amp
board's solder.  The problem I am guessing is intermittent which means that
you would have to be pretty patient figuring out which connection is
bad.  Alternatively you have the options of having Eclipse in LA fix it for
you for $150 (!!!) or if you are lucky get one from Alfa Parts Exchange in
Hayward for $50 (I did this btw!)

Spiros
'94 164LS
'85 Spider