Re: alfa-digest V7 #961

Rob Murphy asked about mixture and exhaust temps. From my humble background,
here are my thoughts, Rob.

Does this very light brown crust [on the spark plugs] indicate that the
engine is running too lean or a little lean?  -- What you describe sounds
like settings are good. Black or wet is not good. Light tan is good.

Should I richen the mixture some? -- Nope

I have also noticed that the exhaust temp seems to be high.  After running
more than 30 minutes I cannot touch the tailpipe for more than a second or
so, or I will get burned.  Is this normal? -- I hope so, or mine is in
trouble. I get the same heat on my SO's Explorer. Hot tailpipe is good. Cold
means water will condense, and that is bad.

All this is FWIW.

Enjoy your Spider, Rob.

Bob Rice
86 Spider