Non Alfa content-Fiat brake problem

I'm as big of an Alfa guy as the next fellow but please indulge me as I ask
about a
general brake problem which happens to be on a Fiat 1500s OSCA.  The car is a
four wheel drum job with six wheel cylinders a la Giulietta.  New master
cylinder,
free moving wheel cylinders,  absolutely meticulous bleed job but still no
pedal.
They don't even think about pumping up either.  I'm ready to punt so any info
would
be helpful.  Any drum experts out there in Alfaland?  I definitely do not
want to
clog up the Alfa digest with a Fiat question so feel free to contact me
directly
instead of posting to the list.

Regards

Bob Boniface