Re: Half the engine... twice the car

Simon Favre wrote:

>Scott, as usual, a marvelous piece of writing. I think the German GP
>you referred to was 1935. I also heard that the Alfa in question sold
>at auction for $10 Mil a few years back. Nuvolari did drive like a
>man possessed, but he had done that his whole career.

Couldn't agree more - Scott, take a bow for a great piece of prose that's
poetry to my ears.

The car in question was No. 12, previously owned by Bill Clark of
Christchurch here in New Zealand. Bill also owned a 33 Stradale which he
bought in scruffy state and restored. Somewhere I have photos of that car
before restoration; it now resides in the US.

Needless to say, I was very sad to see these cars depart our shores,
especially because I hadn't taken the opportunity of driving them but I did
feature the Tipo B on the cover of an issue of "Alfa News" the newsletter
of AROCNZ some years ago.

Scott, let me know if you're interested and I can send you a copy of the
newsletter.

Les - in Wellington, New Zealand