Re: Half the engine... twice the car

When they said that Nuvolari flogged his cars, it was literally true.
He used to reach outside the car and beat on them to make them go faster.
I think he also referred to the German GP car as his "Muletto", or little
mule. Also, the car had a widened frame, a punched out motor, and some
suspension mods, so it wasn't exactly a 2-year old has-been.