re: milano stumbling

Chris wrote

<My Milano did the stumbling-while-cold trick and eventually degenerated
into the won't-hardly-run-at-all trick.  After replacing the coolant temp
sensor didn't work (and since it spec'd out correctly that wasn't a
surprise) some very V6-savvy local fellows suggested swapping in another
AFM.  Voila, the car ran great and has now for 6 months.  There is another
temerature sensor in the AFM that the manual kind of glosses over in the
troubleshooting sequence.  Good luck.>

My 164 91 3.0 has exactly the same problem! i.e. it stumbles only when
cold, and soon runs normally after a few minutes. I was about to look at
the temperature sensor as the problem, but it appears that it may not be
the cause. What is involved in replacing the AFM and how much does it
cost? Is it possible to repair it? Has anyone else found it as the
solution to this problem?
Thanks

Anthony Toy
1750 GTV