Greetings from ATL

Bill and fellow Digesti-

Got a phone call from a lady in Mobile with a Series 4 Spider.  Pep Boys
put on the wrong belt and trashed her A/C compressor.  She's looking for
either a new one or a rebuilt.  Her local mechanic is quoting over $1K
for the part, with the part coming from Italy.  I pointed her in
AlfaBill's direction, as well as Centerline (IAP didn't have one).
Weren't Alfa A/C compressors fairly standard parts?  I have a spare
Sanden for my '83 that I'm planning to rebuild at some point and I think
they were used in other cars, like Volvos?.  I suspect that the same is
true for the later model Spiders as well.  I seek the collective wisdom
of the Digest on this one!  Thanx!

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta

P.S.  AlfaBill this is just an FYI so that the call from her won't be a
surprise!