Re: In response to AlfaBill...

>  So my question to all of you Alfa nuts, is twofold,
>  1) Why did you buy it, and
>  2) why do you keep your Alfa?

When I were a lad....... , the stop where I waited to catch the bus to
school was situated at the entrance to town (Kenilworth) on a downhill "S"
bend.  Every morning one passing car stood out among the throng of Anglias
and Minors.  I always heard him coming, finding 4-5000 rpm as he dropped it
into third, prior to coming through on a trailing throttle and with a
tingling rasp and crackle.  The chap in the funny looking boxy white saloon
was having fun in amongst the dross.  I didn't have a clue what an Alfa
Romeo was, but it wasn't like anything else.

A few years later, the opening lines of an Autocar/Motor road test.  "The
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV has always been one of our favourite cars.  Now it's
even better".

In 1980, I bought my first Alfa.  A 1976 Sud 1200 TI.  What a revelation in
vehicle dynamics, packaging and refinement.

Now, I'm the chap in the funny looking boxy white saloon, having fun.

Cheers
Mat
Giulia 1300 (1750) TI