Setting Expectations

I jumped in late, so I'm not sure who wrote this, but in a recent issue
of the Digest (quoted by someone else), I saw this quote:

>  I just want to make sure it doesn't have a serious problem (like master
>  cylinder needs to be replaced)

With all due respect... if you consider replacing a master cylinder to
be a serious problem, you may wish to re-think acquiring an Alfa.

Brake master cylinders range in price, new, from $89.95 to $169.50 in
the current IAP catalog, to pick the first source I could lay hands on
(my Ricambi and Centerline catalogs don't have prices printed in them).
While a failing master cylinder certainly presents the risk of serious
consequences if left unrepaired, it's neither terribly expensive nor
terribly difficult to replace.

Definitely a good bargaining point when negotiating price with the
seller, however.

Best of luck,

- --Scott Fisher
  1974 Spider