Slight ticking noise from clutch

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with advice about what might be going on that I have a
slight ticking noise coming
from the clutch on my 67 GTV?

The noise goes away when the clutch peddle is depressed. It is there when
the car is at driving speed and
stopped (but it does not get loader and is very hard to hear).

The noise seemed to start after I adjusted the linkage to give more "free
play" in the petal. I adjusted the
"free play" because I felt the clutch slip slightly in 4 gear upon
acceleration.

The clutch seems to be operating fine. I took the plate off the bottom and
turned the fly wheel a few times and
did not see anything that was unusual. The fly wheel, clutch and
transmission were recently (within 5000 miles)
inspected as they were out of the car for a motor rebuild. Everything look
ok at that time.

Any advice or ideas?

Thanks

Robert Watson