164 S cams and California Smog

I putting 164 S cams that I got from Alfa Rocambi in my GTV6

I'm also trying to get it to pass smog. I just bought the car and it's
no where near passing smog. Probably because the current cams are worn
and thus a valve job really did no good.
SO while researching cams I've decided on the 164 's' cam
If you have any info on how this cam improves performance in the 2.5 L
V6
or any ideas about what else I shoud do to pass smog. Please let me
know.
I'm also considering high performance valve springs, however I wonder if
the stock springs are good enough for that cam and if valve float really
isn't a problem that I need to worry about. I know many times orginal
parts are better than aftermarket.

Thanks in advance Jeremy

http://home.earthlink.net/~jsayers/SPAC.htm

End of alfa-digest V7 #949