Re: dead abs, hard pedal

Sandro, simple test to see if the main fuse has blown.  If the system gets no
power, you get the rock hard pedal (ask me how I know!!).  There is a 50 amp
fusible link just down stream from the battery - located on top of the right
front fender in a little black plastic enclosure w/ a flip up top.  It's a
flat, sort of dog bone shaped fusible link - should get 5 volts  (maybe it's
12 - anyway, there should be some volts!!) downstream of it.  If it's blown -
simple replacement.  Actually, i couldn't get any from the local alfa guys,
nor could I find anything like it at the local autoparts stores.   However,
it turns out that this same part is used by certain VW diesels w/ ABS, as
well as some MB models.  I just took the two halves to a local VW dealer.  he
recognized it instantly.  they cost about a buck. i bought all 4 he had in
stock.  One for the repair.  One for the on board tool kit.  two for the
sparre parts bin. I think it all came to about $ 6.00!!  i don't think the
fuse blew from drawing too much current, looked more like a mechanical
fracture.  In any case, the repalcement is doing fine!
Good ,luck.  Hope that is all it is.
andy