Re: alfa-digest V7 #944

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The brake pedal is really soft.  It has a lot of
 play, it seems like it really has no effect until you press it in all the
 way.  But if you press it down all the way (and I do mean all the way to the
 floorboard) it stops the car just fine.
 I was wondering what could cause this.  The car does need new pads, but I've
 never seen worn pads cause anything like this.
 I just want to make sure it doesn't have a serious problem (like master
 cylinder needs to be replaced) before I pay for it.  >>

Sounds mighty like the master needs to be replaced.  So what if the rest of
the car is so great?  They will dissolve if the wrong type of fluid is used.
If you know this going in (your mechanic will tell you in a wink), tell the
seller and haggle over a price reduction -- probably about half the price of
the MC would be fair.  What say you all?

Then, make sure to join AROSC (<- shameless plug)

Charlie
LA, CA, USA