From: Alan Lambert [mailto:gerard@domain.elided]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 1999 2:14 AM
To: Rodosta@domain.elided
Cc: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Muffler music and opinions.

Ansa on a spider vs stock--louder than stock, not objectionable--does seem a

little pretensious with two BIG chrome tailpipes that have tiny real
pipes inside them that in turn go to a single pipe.

Stebro vs stock in a 164L--much louder than stovk, sounds very
strong--like the sound--LOVE the way they are made (great welding--almost
works of art)--would be my choice.

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 Rodosta@domain.elided wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a few good opinions on an old subject.  My stock rear
muffler
> is due for retirement, and I have a few options to consider.  A glass pack

> with tail pipe for $80, ANSA for $125, and the STEBRO for $175.  Each of
> these has different benefits and life expectancies.  Since my 86 Spider is

> too quite in my opinion, I'm looking for a pleasing and louder tone.  The
AR
> Ricombi design looked nice, but reduced the sound to much.  Anyone out
there
> that has experienced two of my three options on the same car, and would
share
> their views, would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick Rodosta