Steering Arms

I have a friend who has for sale a pair of the Autodelta "Quick" Steering
Arms, P.N. 10551.21.110.99 & ....111.99, and also a reinforced center track
rod.  The track rod appears to have had metal welded onto it along the
length of it.  I guess that is what reinforced means.  My question is,how do
the steering arms aid or improve steering/handling, and does the reinforced
track rod really make a difference for a '73 GTV?  Autocrossing is in mind.
Any advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks to those who responded to my
question about the knuckle risers. Cheers--Mark