Two mufflers in seven years

Hi,

Regards Dianes consternation with Ansa, consider this...I have had my
('89) spider seven years,  and my
mechanic is adament about everything remaining stock. My muffler started
tomake some noise, which I
never complained about, but he stuck another stock Alfa muffler on it. I
would have rather had an Ansa at the time, but he knew I would not want
a bad muffler on the spider.

Now it is getting noisy again, and he asked if I wanted to replace it. I
said leave it alone.
I will either install Ansa, or Stahl. I have to say, out of all the cars
I've owned, over 60, including my '86 Fiat X1/9, mufflers were never a
problem.

Actually, I kinda like the sound of my worn muffler better than "no
sound"
at all. It is not that tacky Honda Foster's beer can tailpipe sound. I
have a hard time accepting that almost all of the real sports cars sound
"sporty" except a newer Alfa, which sounds like a Linclon Town Car. No
sound!!! Sounds, smells, visuals, are all part of the experience. What
happened Alfa Romeo? AARRGGHHH !!

Bill Bergman
'89 spider