Synthetic R12 Freon ??

	Seems that the freon in my '86 Spider has leaked away over the last
winter; not a cooling flow anywhere.  Inquired at a local gas station on
how much to recharge it; $55 for labor and $59/lb for the freon.  I must
have blanched at this for he quickly said that there was a synthetic R12
coming out soon so that I wouldn't have to have the expensive switch
over to R314.  Has anyone else heard of this?

	Bruce