Synthetic R12 Freon ??

Bruce wrote:

"Inquired at a local gas station on how much to recharge it; $55 for labor
and $59/lb for the freon.  I must have blanched at this for he quickly said
that there was a synthetic R12 coming out soon so that I wouldn't have to
have the expensive switch over to R314.  Has anyone else heard of this?"

Pretty funny: "synthetic" Freon? Kind of the opposite of "farm fresh"
margarine! Neither Freon nor margarine exist naturally, nor has either ever
come from a farm  :-o  That mechanic is somewhat impaired.
R134a conversions are NOT what i would call expensive, i've been quoted
around $175 Canadian for the typical job.