Re: Ansa (Anza, Enzo, whatever) Experience

Okay, so I was too bloody tired and frustrated
yesterday afternoon to remember how to spell the
exhaust's name correctly.  Sorry.  :(

I received several responses to my post yesterday
(thank you!), and thought I should give a bit more
information.

I do not fault the exhaust for breaking after I wiped
out in a ditch several years ago, the incident was
mentioned as a timeline for referencing how long I had
the most recent Ansa exhaust on my car.  (BTW,
unfortunately it wasn't "spirited" driving that caused
the spinout, I was caught in a lake-effect snowstorm
in a car that had never been driven in snow before!)

On starting while in storage: up until last year, I
had the car's battery disconnected while in storage,
and didn't start the car at all.  I live over six
hours away from the car, so fiddling with plugs, etc.
is not really a possibility.  (And yeah, sitting
without starting all those years may have contributed
to the exhaust system's failure, too, but how often
does everyone else get their exhaust system replaced?)

Every late spring (April-ish), I would take the car
out of storage and spend half the summer getting it to
run like herself again. So last year, I chose to try
having the car started every few weeks and run for 20
minutes or so, revving and holding RPMs, turning on
the a/c, etc.  I consider myself lucky to have found a
volunteer to do this for me!  Now the car comes out of
storage only a little "off", which seems to clear up
in a day or two of driving.

I've received some terrific advice over the years as
to how to keep the car happy while in winter storage,
and everyone seems to have a slightly different
opinion....which is great!  I'm a real advocate of
experimenting to discover what works best for an
individual situation.

Guess you'll hear about it if the OE exhaust system
fails within the next three years!

Enjoying that "new exhaust" smell (cough cough),

Diane
NE Ohio

<\___~
 (( ))

P.S.  I appreciate the note about my artistry, but
that's supposed to be a horse, not a dog!  (Guess I'm
not that good of a stick-figure artist...)