GTV-6 too low ???

I have been having a problem going over speed bumps with my 84 GTV-6.  I roll
over them as slow as possible and I scape the oil pan (I think) on the medium
to large ones.  My friend (not an Alfa owner) says that the shocks are
probably bad.  I know that it has the red Koni's on it.  I believe that they
are adjustible, can they be made to increase the ride height?  Is this
normal?  If not is the problem probably just needing new shocks?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone in the southern california area that knows of a reasonably
priced paint shop.  I live in Costa Mesa, CA.

Thanks!