Do Alfas show up?

This has come up in the past week or so,and now I feel I have to say something:

In regards to whether Alfas, and their owners, show up at events, I have to
say it's all individual.  In Southern California we have a relatively new
event (put on three time so far) in November, called the "Best of France and
Italy". (Some of the organizers are into French cars.  What can I say, except
thanks, for putting on a superb event!) The first year, there were about a
hundred cars, all totalled.  There were 30 Alfas, easily the most of ANY
marque at the event.  The second and third years were similar in number,
except that there were more of everything as word got out.  Last year I think
we had over 45 Alfas on display!!

I might add that the show was open to motorcycles and scooters, as well.  I
had a friend pilot my Ducati there for me, so I could drive the Alfetta.  It
was the only one of two or three 2-wheelers.  So, do we say that Italian
motorcycle owners are apathetic, based on that one event?  Whose signature had
the line about generalizations?

Off the soap box, and back to the garage.

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California

End of alfa-digest V7 #933