Aftermarket wheels for GTV6-Milano

I spent a lot of time trying to find a good set of wheels for Tazio,
the 83  Sav-a-Lot GTV6, and after Duggie suggested Compomotives,  I
checked with them.

Their website is www.usacomp.com.

They ask 50 per cent down on order and talk about a 6-8 week delivery.
 I selected the CXN2s in a 15 X 7 with 35 mm offset.  It somehow ended
up taking approx 3 months before UPS dropped them off.  Their policy
is that you can check fittment and return them only without mounting
tires first.  That's what I did, and nope, they didn't fit okay, but
it was close..  so I used a Dremel to remove a small portion of the
inner hub area that was touching the brake caliper and that way
avoided using wheel spacers, whether or not that was a good idea, I
dunno.  I already had a set of Dunlop W10s in 205.55.15 from the Rack,
 76 dollars per.  The Winchester VA  Costco did a super job mounting
and balancing for 7 dollars per.

I like the wheels and tires.  More grip, stability and also road
harshness.  I would do it again.  But, I would advise Compomotive to
modify the hub lip and I wonder if they would do it or just say use
spacers or order a different wheel.

I suggest people click onto the GTV6.org station and check under
comments for wheels and tires, many wide ranging opinions here.

Ciao,  Jay