Modifying the exhaust on 80's Spider

I have an '85 Spider with the standard exhaust where the catalytic
converter is welded to the pipe that connects the exhaust headers to the
muffler.  The car has developed a very loud noise emanating from the
slightly loose heat shield close to the headers.
  I was told a while back that it is possible to replace the one-piece
catalytic converter/exhaust pipe with those from an older 70's Alfa that
would have the bolt-on type cat.  In this case I would be replacing the
whole assembly with three pieces, one from the headers to the cat, the cat
itself, and one from the cat to the muffler.  Does anyone know which Alfa
model would be a good fit?

Thanks in advance

Spiros
'94 164LS