Re: alfa-digest V7 #927

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< ditto.  i guess i'm just not that excited about bringing either one of my
 alfas to an event where they're treated as second class citizens.  as i
 recall, the affair had a pretty low fun/$ ratio for alfa owners, imo.

 open it up to 4 (or 6) cyl. alfas, and i may come next year.

 bob brady, dvaroc
 yardley, pa >>

Alfas are hardly treated as second class citizens. When the event 1st began
under the original organizers Alfas, Fiats, Lancias were not permitted to
attend. Since we have been organizing the event, we have opened it up to all
Italian cars & motorcycles. Many that attend with their Ferraris, Maseratis
etc are also Alfa owners.

In addition we also always have some of the most prestigous Alfas ever made
at the event. Bruno Giacomelli's Formula 1 car,  a number of Tipo 33 race
cars, including a TT12, and the famous 8C 2900 Tipo B Mille Miglia Spyder.
How often do Alfa owners get to see these cars? Not only are they at the
Concorso but they are also driven on the track and driven hard. For that
alone it is worth attending.

It is also completely False that Alfas are not permitted on the track except
for touring. We have made it clear that not only Alfas, but Lancias, Fiats  ,
etc., are welcome on the track. Hell we even have motorcycles on the track.
The problem is not enough of them want too. We need a minimum of 25 cars to
create a run session. Since this is Not a race, and very few attending are
professional drivers, for safety reasons due to the high speed nature of the
track we cannot mix these cars with much higher horsepower ones.

If you are serious and want to drive on the track, find 24 others that are
willing to pay the track fee and have cars will pass tech inspection for a
high speed track. We will give you a separate run session.

Italian C.A.R.S.