discount shops

Speeking from personal experience only, I wouldn't recommend them.  I took
my Milano once to Midas to have the exhaust welded on.  I figured  it was
gonna be cheap and would have warranty on the work.  It wasn't that cheap.
It took them three tries, which meant I had to go to shop and drop off the
car three times and pick it up three times.  Also in the process they
toasted one of my transmission cables which they paid for and had replaced
(by my Alfa mechanic).  I guess I should have know better, cause when I
pulled in in the Milano I got the most confused look from the mechanics.
For the longest time they kept calling my Milano a Saab, whick made me
really mad.  I, personally, will never take any Alfa to them, but I will
take my Toyota there, since they see hundreds of those.
Good luck