Re: alfa-digest V7 #926

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< that said, i *know* that not letting alfa's on the track, except for a
measly
 "tour", has to be a strong deterrent for many.  i'd yust *love* to take my
 fat-tired, shankle-ized, 3.0 s-cammed, kirshtein-ecu-modded, bmw-afm'd gtwe6
 bastard out there - hell, i'd even consider swapping out my platinum t/a for
the
 taller werde t/a yust for the weekend - here's one track where taller gearing
 would be worthwhile.  but no-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....  it's not worthy.  so, if i
ever
 make it up to pocono for this event, it'll be in my de tomaso pantera, which
 would not be nearly as capable on the track as my gtwe6, as currently set-up,
 and most likely never will be.  but, it's *allowed* to go out on the track...

 doug "wanna get my gtwe6 on the banks" s. >>

It is completely False that Alfas are not permitted on the track except for
touring. We have made it clear that not only Alfas, but Lancias, Fiats  ,
etc., are welcome on the track. Hell we even have motorcycles on the track.
The problem is not enough of them want too. We need a minimum of 25 cars to
create a run session. Since this is Not a race, and very few attending are
professional drivers, for safety reasons due to the high speed nature of the
track we cannot mix these cars with much higher horsepower ones.

If you are serious and want to drive on the track, find 24 others that are
willing to pay the track fee and have cars will pass tech inspection for a
high speed track. We will give you a separate run session.

Italian C.A.R.S.