Re: why no turnout

<< First,  the fact that it is always held over the 4th of July has  always
been a consideration for me and probably is for others as well. That weekend
is, traditionally in my family, the only weekend when  EVERYONE tries to get
together.  I do plenty of other car events both as participant and spectator
during the year;  I don't get to play  with all my extended family at the
beach at any other time.  Even for those that don't have such family
traditions, the 4th is typically a  family weekend and that is going to be
competition for you. >>

This is understood, which is way the event is setup as a "Family Event". We
even have "Kid Racer" electric car race with children under 6. Also most
Family events on the July 4th holiday weekend usually take place on only 1
day, our event runs 3.

<<Second, La Bella Macchina weekend is expensive.  I guess if you own a super
car it isn't, but otherwise...   It's probably worth it if one is taking
advantage of everything, particularly the school and track time, but, to the
best of my knowledge, you don't offer a cheaper non-track participants ticket
- - which prohibits casual turnout.>>

This is totally false. Depending on what you do it is actually cheaper than
an Alfa National.
Registration fee is $40.00 for 3 days, 2nd person is only $25.00. Or you can
do a 1 day for $20.00. Compare that to say Concorso Italiano at $45.00.

<< Third,  the Poconos, especially the Delaware Water Gap, is nice, but it's
not really a place that many are going to have easy and simple access to:
people are going to have to make a decision that that is where they are going
to spend their 4th of July weekend, which again deters the more casual, but
curious turnout.  I doubt that it is easy to get a spur of the moment room in
the Poconos on a holiday weekend, so the decision probably has to made well
in advance for anyone not local. >>

End of alfa-digest V7 #930