Re: alfa-digest V7 #920

In a message dated 7/30/99 5:42:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< My guess is because most Alfa owners drive their cars rather than show
them.
 The ones you list are IMHO largely "hanger queens" that only see the light
 of day at the odd concours or only when the sun shines.

 I was at an Italian car show at Hot Springs, AK a few years ago.  I drove my
 79 Alfetta daily driver from Houston, ran it through a car wash and put it
 on display (it was an open show).  I got some nice comments.  There was also
 a very nice Lamborghine Espada (and a few others) also from Houston.  It
 came and went on a covered trailer towed behind a Suburban.

 Jerry in Houston >>

Ah sorry to say Jerry, but this is no "Hanger Queen" Event! All the above
mentioned Alfas along with most of the Ferraris, Lamborghini etc.. then spent
2 days of HIGH SPEED driving at Pocono International Raceway, with
Professional Instruction from both the Skip Barber & Bertil Roos Racing
Schools. NEXT EXCUSE

visit the event website to find out what it's really about ----------> <A
HREF="http://mhkaye.com/ItalianCars/";>Benvenuto / Welcome</A>